As a homeowner in our association, you have certain rights—and certain responsibilities. And its just as important to know both!
You have the right to . . .
- A responsive and competent community association
- Honest, fair, and respectful treatment by community leaders and managers.
- Attend meetings, serve on committees, and run for election.
- Access appropriate association records.
- Prudent financial management of fees and other assessments.
- Live in a community where the property is maintained according to established standards.
- Fair treatment regarding financial and other association obligations, including the opportunity to discuss payment plans and options before the association takes any legal action, and the right to appeal decisions
- Receive all rules and regulations governing the community association—if not prior to purchase and settlement, then upon joining the community.
- Maintain your property according to established standards.
- Treat association leaders with honesty and respect.
- Read and comply with rules and regulations of the community and ensure that your tenants and guest do too.
- Vote in community elections and on other issues.
- Pay association assessments and charges on time.
- Contact association leaders or managers, if necessary, to discuss financial obligations and alternative payment arrangements.
- Request reconsideration of material decisions that personally affect you.
- Provide your current contact information to the association so you receive all information from the community.